What can I say? I'm a Type-A personality.
November 25th, 1998 (Kathmandu)
- Posted 69 named photos, directory-style, and
mass-emailed a narrative to accompany them
December 19th, 1998 (Kathmandu, After trekking)
- Posted first actual web page (HTML), called it Episode
- Added instructions on how to view photos to top of episode.
- Original photos moved into a new "set1" directory, with a
link to them in the new episode.
January 13th, 1999 (Kathmandu, After Tibet)
- Posted Episode 3, identical format to
Episode 2, with links to previous 2 episodes.
- Added description of "How we did it" to end of episode
February 22nd, 1999 (London, after Middle East and Ireland)
- A web site for the first time, with the creation of the Main/Contents page, which included a list of
all the episodes, an introduction, a summary of the episodes, and
notes on how to contact us.
- Posted Episode 4.
- Narrative of Episode 1 made into HTML web
page for the first time.
- "How we did it" moved to new Appendix
- "Mark's mental Ramblings" page created, Appendix B.
- Moved help from Episode 3 to Contents page.
April 20th, 1999 (New Orleans, After London)
- Posted Episode 5.
- Moved "How to contact us" to new Appendix
- "You guys make me laugh" page created, Appendix D.
- "Mark's Address Book" page created (now removed).
- "Other stuff" page created, Appendix
F, with links to new online versions of the nine "Geoff and
Jules" chapters, "DWV" and
- Added off-the-shelf Java Chat Room page.
- Added Feedback Form (plus
corresponding CGI script and "Thank
- Added off-the-shelf Guestbook facility.
- "Ramblings" page updated
- Added page hit counter to Contents page.
- Instructions moved to new pop-up "Help" page
- Navigation links to photos, Contents page and next/previous episode
added to the top and bottom of each episode.
- Hidden "Hit counter and guestbook tracking" page created.
- Web site submitted to search engines for the first time.
May 21st, 1999 (British Virgin Islands, after USA)
- Posted Episode 6.
- "Ramblings" page updated
with thoughts on "Love and Fidelity." Old ramblings moved
to new "Old Ramblings" page.
June 2nd, 1999 (British Virgin Islands)
- Posted transcript of first public chat, Appendix
- Added link on main page to original, non-HTML version of Episode 1, Appendix H.
August 3rd, 1999 (British Virgin Islands)
- Posted new page on the responses to "Love and Fidelity," Appendix G.
- "Technical How-to" page created, Appendix
- "Photos" page created, including
links to new "Rich Hall Collection"
and "My City of Sydney" pages
- Summary of Episodes moved from Main page to new "Summary"
- Introduction moved from Main page to new "Introduction"
- "Guestbook signing" page no longer external - incorporated
into a new Guestbook page within web
- Added Subscription form to Contents page
- All pages (except episodes) given new consistent layout and colour
scheme, Template page created (hidden)
- Reorganised file structure: Moved all images to new
"images" directory, changed web site's address such that
Contents page filename is now index.html,
new page created to automatically redirect old address to new
September 6th, 1999 (Camden, Maine, after Virgin Islands and
December 16th, 1999 (Sydney, Australia, after returning home)